Newport Girls’ High School strives to:
- Provide a high-quality education which enables all students to reach their full potential as life-long learners
- Foster a safe, inclusive environment in which all are valued, respected and celebrated
- Offer opportunities for all to positively contribute to our NGHS family and the wider community.
We each do this by:
- Respecting each other’s right to learn
- Following the School’s behaviour policy and Home School Agreement
- Being responsible for our own actions
- Showing resilience and facing challenges in a positive manner
- Taking ownership of our learning through self-reflection and receptiveness to feedback
- Celebrating diversity
- Providing a warm welcome to new members of the NGHS family
- Playing an active role in the House system and extra-curricular activities
- Displaying pride in our work and in our School overall
- Treating one another with dignity, kindness and respect.
School Development Plan 2023-2024
The annual School Development Plan details a range of improvement strategies covering all aspects of the school. It ties in with the School's overall aims, ethos and vision and is written by the Senior Leadership Team with input from and approval by the Governing Body.
Each Faculty also derives their own development plan taking the Development Plan Objectives (DPOs) into account. Information about each Faculty's Development Plan Objectives can be found in the academic section of the website.
The SDP is divided into four key strands with members of the senior leadership team and governors assigned to each. In the academic year 2023-2024, the four strands are:
|DPO1||To apply Rosenshine’s Principles to maximise the impact of assessment for students, staff and parents|
|DPO2||To ensure all students access and benefit from an enriching culture of experiences at NGHS|
|DPO3||To foster stronger Sixth Form affiliations to augur success during and beyond Years 12-13|
|DPO4||To demonstrate our successes and develop partnerships locally, nationally and internationally|