The aims of the Newport Girls' High School can be summarised as enabling each pupil to seek excellence in all aspects of life:
- To provide a community in which pupils achieve their full potential in academic, aesthetic and sporting spheres.
- To provide a community in which pupils develop personal values which enable participation in a caring society.
- To provide a community in which pupils learn to recognise their responsibilities in the local, national, international and global environments.
Student Ethos and Values
Our school is a community of learning and we work hard to...
- Respect each other's right to learn.
- Follow the school's behaviour guidelines and show respect for school property and our surroundings.
- Value and celebrate others' contributions in lessons and other school activites.
- Treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Accept individual differences and support one another with patience and compassion.
- Actively help to integrate new members to the form and to school.
- Show commitment and courtesy to others.
- Look for opportunities to get involved in school/House activities to forge links within the school community.
- Put our best effort into our studies and allow others to also achieve their potential.
- Take pride in our work and in our School overall.
- Utilise the opportunities to show our talents and help others to develop theirs too.
- Encourage and participate in form, House and community activities.