There are many reasons why NGHS could well be the best choice for your daughter. We are proud of all of our achievements. Here are some of our successes:
- Outstanding Ofsted inspection (October 2022 and also 2019)
- West Midlands Secondary School of the Year (The Sunday Times Parent Power)
- Winner of The AcSEED Award for emotional and mental health support
- Top Performing School at A-level and GCSE in region in 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023.
- Gold School Games Award
- Bronze Eco Award
- £2.3m expansion bid from central government won in 2020 to further expand and develop the school (opened in 2022)
- Invitation to meet Rt Hon Boris Johnson at 10 Downing Street for International Women's Day Reception
- Kindness Award (one of just 12 schools nationally) - awarded July 2021.
- Outreach programme with local primary schools to ease the transition into Year 7 and provide specialist teaching to Yr 5 and Yr 6.
Our last Parent Survey highlighted a number of reasons why parents choose to send their daughters to NGHS. This is what they told us:
- Excellent Academic Results
- Helpful transition from primary school
- High standards of Pastoral Care
- Opportunities to travel in the UK and abroad
- Good facilities in school
- Single Sex education
- Range of extra-curricular activities
- Strong staff/student relationships
- UCAS advice and support
- New Sixth Form building
Please also learn more about our Head Girl Team who represent our student body.