GCSE Data 2021
There were 83 students taking GCSEs in 2021.
|Progress 8 Score (based upon 2019 scoring system)||+1.34|
|Attainment 8 Score||79.8|
|% A*-A or 9-7 Grades||86%|
|% of students achieving a strong pass(5+) in English and Maths||100%|
|% of students entered for English Baccalaureate||100%|
|% achieving English Baccalaureate (from entries)||100%|
|English Baccalaureate Average Points Score||7.84|
|% Achieving 5 GCSEs (Grades 9-5)||100%|
|Remaining in full time education for at least 2 terms beyond Y11||100%|
A-level Performance Data
Please use this link to access the Government's Performance Data website.
In 2021, 74 candidates sat 3 or 4 A-levels at NGHS. The average grade was A- with an academic points score of 48.9. The school achieved progress figures of about 0.5 of a grade higher than expectation. Given the high starting points of students in our Sixth Form (their high GCSE results) this is very pleasing.
In 2021, 40% of A-level grades were A* and 85% were graded A*-B.
Students who remained at NGHS from Year 11, and those who had Free School Meals all achieved particularly positive L3VA scores.
Retention rate in sixth form in 2019 = 99%. 100% of students left NGHS to move onto higher education, training or employment.
Particular highlights from our 2021 A-level results include:
- Every student in Art and in Product Design secured an A* grade
- In German and in Music, a clean sweep of A* and A grades was achieved
- In English, 72% of candidates secured grades A*-B
- In Physics, half the cohort achieved A*s
- In Computing, half the grades were A* and 100% secured A*-B
- In Geography, every candidate achieved A*-B with almost half securing A*
- In Chemistry, almost a third of grades were A*
- In Philosophy, every candidate achieved A*-B
- In Biology, 81% of candidates achieved A*-B
- In French, every candidate secured A*-B
- In History, almost half the grades awarded were A*
- In Further Maths, 70% of candidates secured an A* grad
- In Economics, all students achieved A*-C with 80% at A*-B
- In Psychology, 96% of students achieved A*-B