Our priority at NGHS is the wellbeing of our students. We know that examinations are a challenging time for many students and by working together we can ensure they feel supported through these.
There are a wealth of resources available online to support students and their parents/carers during the exam period. In particular, the following websites may be of benefit:
Our 10 top tips for students during examination periods are:
- Keep healthy – it is really important that you maintain a healthy diet and get enough sleep
- Follow a study plan for revision – having this planned out will help you manage your workload
- Be organised – have everything ready for each exam so that you are fully prepared
- Once the exam is completed, don’t dwell on it – concentrate on the next one rather than worrying about what has already happened
- Be kind to yourself – don’t compare yourself to other people; you will know if you have tried your best
As parents and carers, we encourage you to talk to your child if they are nervous about examinations; this is a normal feeling and talking about this can help them manage this emotion. Supporting them with their revision schedule whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle will ensure they are prepared for their exams and can achieve their full potential.