Free School Meals are available to children whose parents receive Child Benefit and where their parent(s) is/are:
- in receipt of Income Support or Income Based Jobseekers Allowance or Income-related Employment and Support Allowance; or
- in receipt of maximum Child Tax Credits and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190;
- in receipt of Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
- do not receive Working Tax Credit; or
- receive support under Part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
- receive employment and support allowance (income related) or pension credit (guaranteed credit)
NGHS receives this information from T&W Council and more information can be found on the websites below. If you live outside of Telford & Wrekin, please also find information about FSM from Staffordshire and Shropshire Councils.
If you have any questions about eligibility, please contact the Headteacher, in confidence on 01952 797550.