This page summarises our interim safeguarding procedures during the Covid-19 closure period. If you have any questions, please call 01952 797550 and ask to speak to the senior member of staff on site.
Interim Safeguarding Procedures
- The Designated Safeguarding Lead at NGHS is Miss Hayley Clarke
- The Deputy DSL at NGHS is Mr Michael Scott
- Other members of the safeguarding team are working from home at this time.
- A member of the school's safeguarding team can be contacted by emailing email@example.com at any point during the partial closure of NGHS.
- The school has remained open for vulnerable children and daughters of key worker parents through the closure period including the Easter holiday.
- Free School Meals arrangements are in place to support families. This originated with a school-led payment system and now the school adopts the government's scheme with Edenred.
- A staff supervision rota is in place each day which includes a middle leader, a member of teaching staff, receptionist and senior leader. A small number of students are attending school daily.
- A member of the senior leadership team is on site each day from 8.30am-4.00pm
- All staff are trained in the use of CPOMS to record any incidents or issues.
- The Headteacher (DDSL) and the DSL are contactable 24 hours a day by staff who all have contact numbers for the Headteacher.
- Our support staff pastoral team are in daily/weekly telephone contact with more vulnerable students. This list grows as and when any concerns are raised by staff.
- The Senior Leadership Team and Heads of Year have attempted to contact every student over the Easter 'holiday' to ensure that they are well and managing life at home.
- Pupils who require counsellor or outside agency support are being offered this wherever possible, dependent upon work patterns of counsellors and agencies.
- Learning resources are provided by all teachers for all subjects on the school's student portal. All students are asked to access these daily.
- Self-help/coping strategies are also posted on the student portal.
- The school has received many, many messages of support at this time. We thank parents/carers for these.
- Arrangements for new entrants to Year 7 in September are being coordinated by the Head of Year 7-8 including liaison with parents and primary schools (week commencing 27 April 2020).
- Arrangements for new entrants to Year 12 in September are being coordinated by the Headteacher. A portal has been created for students from other schools who are joining us in Year 12 and details of pre-course work emailed to these students.
Contacting the School
- If you need to contact the school, please do so between 9am-3pm on 01952 797550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If your concern is urgent and relates to the safeguarding / safety of a pupil, please use email@example.com