GCSE Data 2020
There were 84 students taking GCSEs in 2020.
|Progress 8 Score (based upon 2019 scoring system)||+1.18|
|Attainment 8 Score||78.8|
|% A*-A or 9-7 Grades||85%|
|% of students achieving a strong pass(5+) in English and Maths||100%|
|% of students entered for English Baccalaureate||72%|
|% achieving English Baccalaureate (from entries)||100%|
|English Baccalaureate Average Points Score||7.51|
|% Achieving 5 GCSEs (Grades 9-5)||100%|
|Remaining in full time education for at least 2 terms beyond Y11||100%|
A-level Performance Data
Please use this link to access the Government's Performance Data website.
In 2020, 72 candidates sat 3 or 4 A-levels at NGHS. The average grade was A- with an academic points score of 46.9. The school achieved progress figures of about 0.4 of a grade higher than expectation. Given the high starting points of students in our Sixth Form (their high GCSE results) this is very pleasing.
In 2020, 20% of A-level grades were A* and 82% were graded A*-B.
Students who remained at NGHS from Year 11, and those who had Free School Meals all achieved particularly positive L3VA scores.
Retention rate in sixth form in 2019 = 99%. 98% of students left NGHS to move onto higher education, training or employment.
Particular highlights from our 2020 A-level results include:
- All of our art, further maths and product design students achieved A* or A
- 84% of biology results were graded A*-B
- 30% of chemistry results were graded A*
- 8 students achieved A*-B in Economics
- 89% of English grades were A*-B
- 84% of French grades were A*-C
- 100% of Geography grades were A*-C
- 100% of German grades were A*-B
- Of 15 history students, 13 achieved A*-B grades
- 83% of Maths students achieved A*-B
- 100% of Music students achieved A*-B
- Every physics students achieved A*-C
- 7 students achieved A*s in Psychology
- All our RE students achieved A*-C
- Over 50% of Extended Project students achieved a coveted A* in this enrichment qualification