Information for Parents
Restricted Access to car park from September. Please do not drive into school between 8.15am and 9.15am and 3.15pm and 4.15pm.
To view your daughter's report via our Learning Gateway, please use the quick link on the right hand side of the page.
Reporting Student Absence
- Students should request a Leave of Absence form from the school office. This should be completed and returned at least a week prior to the date of the requested absence.
- Completed forms will be passed to the Headteacher to authorise.
- Authorised forms will be returned to students via their register.
- Where the Leave of Absence is not authorised, a letter will be sent home explaining the reason why.
- Medical/dental appointments do not require a completed Leave of Absence form, however, a note or email should be sent in advising us of the appointment prior to the absence.
- For Leave of Absence form please click here
- Unauthorised leave in term time information click here
- Parents should notify the school as soon as possible, and by 9:30am at the latest, of any unplanned absences e.g. illness, either by telephone: 01952 797550 or by sending an email. Please note that only emails from addresses registered with the school will be accepted, due to safeguarding reasons.
- Where an absence is unexpectedly extended e.g. delayed flight or continued illness, parents should contact the school, as soon as possible, on each continued day of absence.
Information and Advice for Parents
For daily menu please click here
Daily menu from September click here
Drinks Tariff click here
“Newport Girls High School has an active PTA who organise many different events throughout the year. To find out more, please visit their website here https://nghs-pta.org.uk/ for more information.”
About us: https://nghs-pta.org.uk/about-us/
Easy fundraising: https://nghs-pta.org.uk/easy-fundraising/ raise funds for our school AT NO COST TO YOURSELF
100 Club: https://nghs-pta.org.uk/100-club/ a monthly draw offering 3 cash prizes